- Rice (Basmati or Sona masoori) – 2 cups
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Garlic cloves – 2 Nos
- Avalu (Mustard seeds) – ½ tea spoon
- Jeela Karra (Cumin seeds) – ½ tea spoon
- Pasupu (Turmeric powder) – 1/4 tea spoon
- Daniya powder (Coriander powder) – 1 tea spoon
- Onions – 1 small
- Chilies – 5 Nos
- Karivepaku (curry leaves) – few
- Oil – 1 table spoon
- Salt as needed
- Cook rice in a pressure cooker or in a electric Rice cooker.
- Wash coriander leaves and cut them.
- Add coriander leaves, garlic cloves and chilies to mixer/grinder and make as a fine paste.
- Cut onion into small pieces.
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add Avalu (Mustard seeds), Jeela Karra (Cumin seeds), Kari vepaku (Curry Leaves) and fry for 5 secs. Add onions and fry until brownish color.
- Add coriander paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add turneric, salt and Daniya powder (Coriander powder) . Mix White rice well in a low flame for about 1 minute.
- Coriander Rice is ready.
Note: If you have the cooked rice ready, then the whole making will take only 5 minutes.